Secretariat for Community Services
1408 Carmel Drive
Lafayette, Louisiana 70501 Telephone: (337) 261-5607
Fax: (337) 261-5560
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Monday through Thursday
8:30 AM - 12:00 Noon - Friday
Karol D. Meynard
"To respect, protect, and serve LIFE from conception to natural death through public education, pastoral services, public policy, prayer and worship."
PRO LIFE ISSUES ADDRESSED:
* God's Plan for Building the Culture of Life
* Chastity / Abstinence
* Natural Family Planning
* Artificial Contraception & Abortion Connection
* Crisis Pregnancy / Adoption
* Abortion / Infanticide / Partial Birth Abortion
* Post Abortion Healing & Reconciliation
* Infertility & Artificial Conception
* Bioethics / Ethical Stem Cell Research
* Capital Punishment
* Euthanasia - End of Life Issues
* Support for the Terminally Ill and their loved ones
* State & National Legislation that affect Christian Principles
The Diocesan Office of Pro Life Issues consists of a director appointed by the Bishop and a full time secretary. Each of the 121 parishes has a Pro-Life Coordinator who works with the pastor and is the liaison to the Pro-Life Director at the Diocesan Level.
The parish based Pro-Life Coordinator is the "backbone" of the diocesan ministry. The role of the pro-life coordinator is to bring the pro life issues to the forefront in the local church parish community.
PRO LIFE MINISTRIES
* Crisis Pregnancy - Abortion Alternatives
+ Catholic Social Services Adoption Agency - call 235-5218.
+ Catholic Crisis Pregnancy Center - call (337) 289-9366.
+ Priests For Life - call (718) 980-4400 or visit website: www.priestsforlife.org
* Post Abortion Healing and Reconciliation for
women, men, couples, grandparents, and siblings of aborted children,
as well as abortion providers:
+ Project Rachel - call Office of Pro Life Issues at 1(337) 261-5607
National Office of Post Abortion Reconciliation and Healing:
* toll free hotline: 1 (800) 593-2273 or 1 800 5 -WE CARE
+ Rachel's Vineyard Retreats - call Office of Pro Life Issues (337) 261-5607
* toll free hotline: 1 877 HOPE 4 ME
+ Dates for Rachel's
Vineyard Retreats - Lafayette, Louisiana
Contact: Karol Meynard or Trista Littell @ 337-261-5607
March 26-28, 2010 - Lafayette, LA
October 1-3, 2010 - Lafayette, LA
+ Post Abortion Websites: Elliot Institute:
Silent No More:
* A Day of Restoration - Come to the Well"
- For those suffering the untimely death of a child
+ June 12, 2010
Presenter: Paula D'Arcy
Immaculata Center - Lafayette, LA
Contact: Trista Littell @ 337-261-5607
* Companions Along the Journey
A bereavement support group
2nd Thursday of the month begins February 11, 2010
Immaculata Center - Lafayette, LA
Contact: Karol or Trista @ 337-261-5607
* A.C.T. (Ascending Calvary Together) Support Ministry for the terminally ill and their loved ones.
* Prayer Blanket Ministry - to bring relief to
the suffering and peace to the fearful. Caring volunteers donate
fabric, thread, and time to sew lap-size blankets for those who
are either sick or going through extremely difficult times in
The Prayer Blanket is a symbol of a "faith sharing community" of donors and recipients praying for one another.
* Pro Life Oratory Contest
January 13, 2010 - 6:00pm, Immaculata Center.
For High School Juniors and Seniors, held in January, topics include Abortion, Euthanasia, Bioethics/Genetic Engineering, Ethical Stem Cell Research, Human Cloning. For more information, call Trista at (337) 261-5607.
* Pro Life Rosary Ministry of prayer to end abortion
and build the "Culture of Life".
Pro Life Rosary Makers meet 2nd Monday of the Month 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 Noon at the Diocese of Lafayette's Immaculata Center in the Katherine Drexel Room.
For more information, call Trista at (337) 261-5607.
* Respect Life Codependents Recovery Meetings- a twelve-step program, for building healthy relationships, meets on Thursday 12:00 Noon - 1:00 P.M. at Diocese of Lafayette's Immaculata Center in the Msgr. Lavasseur Room. For more information, call Trista at (337) 261-5607.
* Word of Life Bulletin Briefs & Intercessions for Life: prepared by the USCCB Secretariat for Pro Life Activities . Website: www. USCCB.ORG/PROLIFE
* Public Policy & Legislative Updates: can
be viewed and tracked on a daily basis.
Websites: www.nchla.org/report.html; www.sba-list.org; www.thomas.loc.gov
* USCCB Respect Life Sunday - First Sunday in October
2009-2010 Respect Life Program Theme: "Every child brings us God's smile."
Father Michael Champagne - 232-7491
Father Keith LaBove - 237-0988
Father Charles Langlois - 369-3816
Father Bryce Sibley - 468-3159
TO ME LIFE MEANS CHRIST Phil 1:21